Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Where's the beef...???

The weather has turned cold here, -1C and -3C are forecast for the next few nights. (It is unusual for the temperature in Tirana to dip below 0C...which is of course freezing)   Our winter rains have come...no snow, but still chilly.  I thought some beef stew with biscuits sounded really good.  I bought all the fresh vegetables...but NO BEEF.  I have gone to the stores where I have bought meat in the past and all they have right now is pork.  I was told it is too early to have beef.  Is beef seasonal...?  Why is there only pork in all the markets?  There are some smaller meat markets, but I am not sure of the quality of the meat...so I didn't look any further. 

Why when my heart was set on beef stew is there only pork available?  

Hmmm....carne adovada might work...I have the red chile pods, and pork. I could make tortillas... 

No comments:

Post a Comment