Sunday, November 17, 2013

Smart phone tutor...

As I was trying to figure out how to use my new "smart phone"...I just started pressing buttons to see what I could find, I even "googled"  several how-to questions...it took me an hour to figure out how to turn off the prediction feature on my phone. Sometimes I actually send text messages in albanian...and the prediction feature puts up really strange words. 

I have a friend and I knew he was a computer/web set up guy...so I called him.  I met him for coffee...and what a blessing. He helped me set up my phone, with the icons that I will use, and he removed the ones I won't use. He set up my GPS map to Tirana, Albania...and showed me how to use it. He helped me understand between when my phone uses wi-fi and "data" and installed an app to help me know how much data I have used each month, so I don't go over the limit.  I know what the difference is between an "app" and a "widget".  

So now...I feel that I can use my smart phone and understand some of the features it has to offer.  What a blessing it was to have someone sit down with me...show me what I needed to know and understand...and now be able to use my cell phone with some understanding of what I am doing.

Yes...I know how to make calls, send messages, and even add photos of my granddaughter, Hannah, to my wallpaper.

Life...always an adventure....!


No comments:

Post a Comment