Monday, June 25, 2018

It's all Greek to me...!

It is all "Greek" to me...!
I was recently traveling in Greece, taking some time to just explore some of the neighboring country, as well as visiting some special friends.  The first part of my trip I had reservations for a few days at a B&B named, Hotel Filoxenia in the town of Kastoria.

I had been using my "google maps" for directions, but the road was steep, winding, cobblestone, google maps was telling me to continue "north"?...I was certain I was lost.  So...I stopped and asked a local vendor along the street if "he spoke English?"  He told me "yes, of course".  I explained that I thought I was lost, and did he know of Hotel Filoxenia.  He replied, "The sign for your hotel is right there, only 300 meters away". I politely explained, that I don't read "Greek".  

Yes, I did find my hotel...and I was laughing...nothing else to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment