Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Back to school...

Today I had the opportunity to attend a physical therapy class for 2nd year students. The class was cardiac pathology/physiology...and yes it was all in Albanian. I understood the discussion.  (latin is the same everywhere) The teacher was a cardiologist, and the students only knew him by his first name....Zamir.  

The students sitting in the front of the room next to the teacher, came to class late...those were the only chairs left in the room.  Note to self..."don't be late to class!"

I found it very interesting.  Any student that came to class after 9am...knocked quietly on the door, opened it, and asked for permission to enter...the teacher then waved them into the class room.  I don't think I have ever experienced that kind of courtesy at the college level.  At one point this teacher made a comment about a few students that were talking...they were respectful and stopped their conversation.

This class was a review of hypertension and hypotension (high or low blood pressure) and the teacher involved the entire class...there were even a few moments of humor when they were discussing that men could drink more alcohol than women before having an influence on blood pressure.

I was a little nervous that I would be asked a question...what if I didn't know the answer...???

It was fun to meet the students, future physical therapists...

always an adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment